Does my child have to attend school daily? Yes. Success at school is strongly linked to attendance.
At Plympton International College we expect students to :
- Be punctual to school and all lessons. Our school day begins at 8:45am (a warning bell will sound at 8.40am for students to move to class). School finishes at 3:05pm.
- Attend school for all programmed lessons.
- Students are not to leave school grounds during the day unless prior arrangements have been made with a Deputy Principal, Year Level Manager or a School Counsellor.
Parents and caregivers can support the school to improve attendance by:
- Notifying the school when a student will be absent/late from school - preferably by telephone before 9am on the morning of the student's absence or a note in the student's diary. You can use our ONLINE REPORT FORM to notify us of expected absences.
- Making any appointments for medical/health reasons after school hours whenever possible.
Students of compulsory school age and compulsory education age (6 to 17 years of age) require an exemption to be granted if they wish to travel or go on a family holiday during school time. Students are required to attend school until the exemption has been granted. Forms are available from the front office.
Home Group teachers will be contacting home about unexplained absences and continued absence may result in a referral to a DfE Attendance Counsellor.
For more information please contact school office on (08) 8297 0488.
Report your child's absence from school (* denotes compulsory fields)